6/13/22

Sandra Pabon - A Non Endorsement

 

If you don’t want me to stand up for myself, then don’t bully me or support bullies.

Be a human being.  It’s your job.


If you keep quiet, other people will do the talking for you

I'm outing Sandra Pabon for doing the wrong thing by me. I’m outing her for her apathy and supporting bullying. She's not a public servant; she's an enabler and all-around coward.

I'm writing to everyone in my district, including elected officials to NOT support Sandra Pabon for District 80 Female Leader or any position. Last year when I was assaulted, I asked her for help in filing a police report against the people that attacked me.

Instead of helping, she decided to shut me down, and block me on Facebook. I know I was not rude to her. I asked a lot of people for help. Two leaders in my community did reach out to the 52nd Precinct, and one was able to identify the assault as violent.

After the assault and the cops’ refusal to take my report, the people that assaulted me ambushed me at my apartment by having someone from my building knock on my door to talk with me. Then the assailants came from behind a wall, and tried to attack me but I was able to escape to my apartment. Although the police viewed the video of the ambush, they still refused to take a report.

Had Ms. Pabon helped me, it would've made a difference and prevented people from attacking me. She says she was a Chaplain and Community person in the 52 Precinct. Years ago, when an unidentified neighbor poured bacon grease on my doormat and broke into my mailbox, she told one of my neighborhood mischief makers to leave me alone. She also told me that she was aware of the neighbors that had bullied me when I stood up against their abuse to me and to a homeless black man.

I would've kept quiet about Sandra’s apathy, except for two reasons. One--she works for our State Assemblywoman and is running for office. and Two--I tried to reach out to her for the past three months via her Instagram and Nathalia's office.

That she's running for office and refused to help shows she's more about politics and power than public service.

Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King Jr., and Jesus Christ instructs us to give mini trumps (bullies and enablers) the opportunities to talk things out and recognize the harm their behavior is causing people. If they don't, I reach out to people that can reason with them. If they still don't respond, I out them for what they did to me or to other people that are struggling.

So, Sandra, when you read this. I’m available to talk. You know how to reach me.

Thank you,

Anne Leighton